United States Wholesale Privacy Notice
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how unitedstateswholesale.com collect and process your personal information through our website, products, services, online store, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “United States Wholesale Services”). By using United States Wholesale Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does United States Wholesale Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to United States Wholesale Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our United States Wholesale Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of United States Wholesale Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through United States Wholesale Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses United States Wholesale Services and other content served by or on behalf of United States Wholesale on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does United States Wholesale Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers including buyer and vendors. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with buyers and vendors about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve United States Wholesale Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the United States Wholesale Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with United States Wholesale Services.
- Provide image services. When you use our image services, we use your images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from vendors information regarding place of establishment, photo identification, business registration paperwork and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to United States Wholesale Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-based Ads notice .
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, United States Wholesale, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does United States Wholesale Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with partners of United States Wholesale Inc., and expect that our partners follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you, services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through United States Wholesale Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our website. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in this Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that United States Wholesale Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers and accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: United States Wholesale Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at United States Wholesale, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant United States Wholesale ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, website membership, settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website. If you are a vendor, you can access additional information in your vendor dashboard.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service . Many of our United States Wholesale Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the United States Wholesale Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages.
- When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please click the “unsubscribe” button in one of our emails or contact customer support.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the device you are using. Most devices provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a vendor, you can add or update certain information in Vendor Dashboard, update your account information by accessing your Vendor Account Information, and adjust your e-mail or other communications you receive from us.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Support. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use United States Wholesale Services?
United States Wholesale does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. For more information, please contact Customer Support.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use United States Wholesale Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use United States Wholesale Services;
- download, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- upload your contacts;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a United States Wholesale service;
- provide information in your Vendor Dashboard, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer goods, or services to United States Wholesale customers;
- offer your products or services on or through United States Wholesale Services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload images, videos or other files to United States Wholesale Services;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
- Your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device, together with the country, region or city where you are based
- Your geolocation data – your IP address can be used to find information about the latitude, longitude, altitude of your device, its direction of travel, your GPS data and data about connection with local Wi-Fi equipment
- Information on how you interact with our services
- Your browsing history of the content you have visited on our sites, including how you were referred to our sites via other websites
- Details of your computer, mobile, TV, tablet or other devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique vendor or advertising ID and browsers used to access our content
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Account;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with United States Wholesale Services;
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
- credit history information; and
- device log files and configurations.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, website usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- United States Wholesale Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device using our services, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Vendors;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using United States Wholesale Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- information about services linked with United States Wholesale; and
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through United States Wholesale Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- your watch list;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
- If you are a vendor, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in Vendor Dashboard.