VENDOR BULK UPLOAD PRODUCTS
On United States Wholesale, vendors have the opportunity to upload their products using our bulk-import tool.
On this page, you will receive step-by-step instructions on how the process works.
Step 1 - Download CSV File
*IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS: If you're using a Mac, your file will most likely be opened with the Mac software "Numbers". Once you have finished filling out the spreadsheet, use these steps to make sure that your file will be saved as a .csv file to be compatible with our system.
Use the following steps:
- Click on "File"
- Click on "Export To"
- Click on "CSV"
A window called "Export Your Spreadsheet" will pop up. Do the following:
- Click "Next"
- Click "Export"
Your file is now saved as a .csv file as is ready to be uploaded into our system.
STEP 2 - ADD YOUR PRODUCTS TO THE CSV FILE
The CSV file comes with 16 columns and they are as follows:
- SKU – Product SKU
- Name – Product name*
- Short Description – Short product description (can be uploaded with CSV file or added manually later in your Vendor Dashboard
- Description – Product description (can be uploaded with CSV file or added manually later in your Vendor Dashboard
- In Stock?* – Enter 1 if YES. Enter 0 if NO.
- Stock – Current inventory amount
- Weight (lbs)**
- Length (in)**
- Width (in)**
- Height (in)**
- Sale price – On-sale price
- Regular price* – Regular product price
- Tags – Product tags (to help search function) – You can enter several. Separate them using a comma “,”
- Meta: minimum_allowed_quantity – The minimum product quantity that can be purchased
- Meta: maximum_allowed_quantity – The maximum product quantity that can be purchased
- Meta: group_of_quantity – Restrict product to be sold in bundles. (i.e. if min quantity is set to 12 and the group is set to 12, the buyer can only purchase in bundles of either 12, 24, 36, 48 and so on)
(Categories and images have to be entered later, see Step 6)
** IMPORTANT NOTE ON WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS: The weight and dimensions have to be entered correctly for the proper shipping cost to be applied to the order. If not, incorrect shipping costs will be displayed which may discourage the buyer from completing the order.
Example: If your product listing is for 48 sunglasses, you need to enter the weight and dimensions of the package containing all 48 sunglasses and not 1 pair of sunglasses.
STEP 3 - UPLOAD/IMPORT CSV FILE
Click “Choose File” and select the completed CSV file you want to upload. Then click “Continue”
(If this is NOT your first time uploading a CSV file, it is recommended that you check the “Update existing products” tab. This is to avoid duplicate products)
STEP 4 - CONFIRM COLUMN MAPPING
During step 4 you get a preview of what information will get mapped to which columns. (it will only preview 1 product)
If everything looks good, click “RUN IMPORTER” and wait for a few seconds. (It may take up to a minute for larger CSV files)
step 5 - import successful
After the tool has finished importing your CSV file, you will receive a “Import Complete” message. Click “View Products” to go to your products page.
If you received an error message, most likely the CSV file was completed incorrectly. Please double-check your file and try again. If the problem persists, contact us for assistance.
STEP 6 - UPLOAD IMAGES AND ASSIGN PRODUCT CATEGORIES
After your products have been successfully uploaded to your vendor account, you will need to upload images and assign a product category.
- Go to one of your products and then click “Upload a product cover image” and upload your main product image (this is the image that will display throughout the website)
- Then click the PLUS sign under the main image and upload the product gallery images.
After you have uploaded the product images, assign the correct category to the product.
Do this by finding the “Category” drop-down menu while editing the product.
Click on it to open the category popup.
After the drop-down menu has expanded, either scroll or start typing to find the correct product category.
Select the correct category.
After you have added product images and assigned a product category, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “SAVE PRODUCT” (wait for a few seconds for it to save)
AND YOU'RE DONE!
That’s it! Your products have now been uploaded using our CSV bulk import tool!